[TYPO3-english] Still unsolved - "DELETE FROM fe_sessions" job causes server to hang (Case 851)

Søren Madsen sma at cs.au.dk
Mon Mar 2 09:58:18 CET 2009

Hmmm, our problem persists even though I've set $gc_time = 14400.
I've done this in t3lib/class.t3lib_userauth.php

Every morning at 9 our MySQL server locks up for 5-10 minuttes, and a
dump of the running sessions on the db server, reveals lots of running
httpd processes, all trying to delete rows from the fe_sessions table.

Either
1) adjusting $gc_time was not the cause of the problem
2) or the value for $gc_time is overridden somewhere (how can I trace
what the actual value is for an installation?)
3) I'm editing the wrong file (it should be ../t3lib/
class.t3lib_userauth.php right?)

Has no one ever heard of this kind of problem before?

Any help much appreciated.

Kind regards,
Søren Madsen