[TYPO3-english] Typo website hacked

Robin Edwards robin83 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 19 07:27:19 CEST 2009

Hi,

Our typo3 website has been hacked - the hackers have made it print the
following code before any of the html:

"<table width="100%" style="background-color: #FFFFFF;"   cellpadding="2"
cellspacing="0" align="center">

href="http://www.euroextender.com" style="color: #000000; font-size: 10px;
font-family: verdana; " target="_blank">penis enlargement</a></td>

Does anyone have any ideas as to where I should look to remove the malicious
code in the first instance? Is it likely to be in a PHP file, or in the
database?

We're running version 4.1.2 of Typo3. Our current server is running an older
version of PHP (I've tried to upgrade Typo to the latest version before but
this prevented me), but I've convinced our hosts to move us to a new server
where I can upgrade newer version which hopefully doesn't have this
vulnerability.

Thanks,

Robin