[TYPO3-english] Custom menus using userfunc - help

Tonix (Antonio Nati) tonix at interazioni.it
Thu Jun 18 23:09:03 CEST 2009

Tomas Mrozek ha scritto:
>> I'm building a menu based on categories coming from an external database.
>> So, I'd love avoiding massive lookups in database, when 90% of data is
>> in branches wich will not be displayed in menus.
>>

> That's reasonable. So what is actually your current problem as it's your
> function initMenu that is in charge of loading the menu items?

I made some tests, and it works like I supposed in the first e-mail:

    * with first userfunc (in the special section) I fill the first level
    * with the following userfunc (the ones associated with levels of
      TMENU) I can fill the other levels, depending on expAll and other
      section settings.

This let avoiding useless DB lookups on trees which are not selected.

Anyway, my problem was due to not working application API, which made
wrong calls to DB. I'm going to rewrite that part.

Thanks,

Tonino

> Tomas Mrozek

        Inter at zioni            Interazioni di Antonio Nati
   http://www.interazioni.it      tonix at interazioni.it