[TYPO3-english] Conditionally Display Menu Levels

Brad Lorenzen bjlorenzen at gmail.com
Thu Jun 18 18:15:28 CEST 2009

Hi, I'm trying to work out a menu in Typo3 that will show only one level at
a time: if the current page has sub-pages, it shows only those subpages, but
if the current page has no subpages, it shows the neighboring pages that
share the current page's same level.

Our site is quite large, with nearly 4,000 pages. Our menu currently uses a
set of conditionals that look like this:

[treeLevel = 3]
  lib.submenu.entryLevel = 3
[end]
[treeLevel = 2]
  lib.submenu.entryLevel = 2
[end]
[treeLevel = 1]
  lib.submenu.entryLevel = 1
[end]

Is it possible to have two sets of conditional treelevel-lists, that would
depend on whether the current page has subpages? Thanks for your time.

--
Brad Lorenzen