[TYPO3-english] Does Firefox 3.0.11 create broken links in rtehtmlarea?

Christian Zenker christian.zenker at 599media.de
Mon Jun 15 17:00:37 CEST 2009

Hello.

I think I encountered an error with the latest version of Firefox 3.0.11
and rtehtmlarea 1.7.9.
As I'm rather new to TYPO3 I would be gratefull if anyone could confirm or
refute this issue:

If you create a link in htmlarea (no matter if internal, external or file)
the href attribute of the created link points to something like

http://yourserver/yourinstallation/typo3/http://where.you/wanted/to/link.html

The link stored to the database is as confusing, too.

I don't know yet WHY this error occurs, but I know, THAT it does.

- I tried this on different TYPO3-Webpages (using the same
Core-Installation - but i've even overridden this with a "fresh" one).
- Firefox 3.0.10 doesn't show this problem neither does Opera.
- tried on Ubuntu 8.10 and Win Vista

Glad if anyone could help.

Christian.