[TYPO3-english] RealUrl adding nc to href in macina_banner

HR typo3 at iwelt.de
Mon Jun 15 15:49:24 CEST 2009

Hi again,

 > I can confirm this bug - I'm using RealURL and Macina Banners, and I've
 > got the exact same behaviour - the banner tries to link to an internal
 > page with a non-existing path.

did a bit of de-bugging, maybe this info will help others with the same
problem (well, at least save you some time otherwise spent on de-bugging):

Apparently the banner module really ISN'T meant to be used with internal
links, because it does have a bug there: when using internal links, the
banner module is generating a redirect in the format
Location: local-alias.html

This is wrong - the correct form would be:
Location: http://domain.com/local-alias.html
(Correct redirect headers always need the protocol info -  http...)

Now when you're using RealURL and you're in some virtual sublevel - like
in the example
http://www.myurl.com/nc/frontpage/ad/5/
the banner module just adds the target url to that path, which results
in a non-existing path like
http://www.myurl.com/nc/frontpage/ad/5/camp/joboffer/

 > It works fine with internal URLS as long as one's NOT using RealURL.

Without RealURL (whether you're using simulatestatic or not), you're
always in the top level (http://www.domain.com), so the redirects do
work (even though they're technically wrong).

Cheers,
Heike