[TYPO3-english] HTML in _LOCAL_LANG

Christian Hennecke christian.hennecke at os2voice.org
Sun Jun 14 15:48:53 CEST 2009

On Sun, 14 Jun 2009 11:52:05 UTC, Søren Malling
<soren.malling at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have extended sr_feuser_register with a new field (checkbox,
> acceptance of rules), and have added a text next to the checkbox, with
> the plugin.tx_srfeuserregister_pi1._LOCAL_LANG setting. Now, i would
> like to add a link to that text, pointing to the page containing the
> above mentioned rules, but I can't seem to add HTML to the _LOCAL_LANG
> setting.
>
> I've tried to use <![CDATA[ ]] aroung the _LOCAL_LANG string, with the
> result being that   <![CDATA[ was printed in the Frontend. Making a
> reference to a TEXT object, where i created a typolink, returned TEXT
> to the frontend.
>
> Does anyone have an idea, how to solve this problem?

I had the same problem and found no good solution. In the end, I just
added the HTML to the _LOCAL_LANG setting and removed one
htmlspecialchars() from the extension code. This probably does increase
the risk of XSS attacks.
--
"I smell blood and an era of prominent madmen." - W.H. Auden