[TYPO3-english] SOLVED - Re: typo3temp/pics/ image not showing in FE

Wiel, J.A.M. van de j.a.m.v.d.wiel at tue.nl
Sat Jun 13 12:46:56 CEST 2009

Hi Katja,
It's quite likely that you never step far outside the "Adobe universe" when dealing with print work. If I recall correctly, CMYK JPEG's are an Adobe invention so they're bound to support their own things. The UNIX world is a bit more conscious of official standards so you'll find that many tools there are less forgiving when it comes to supporting ugly hacks. I've had similar problems when constructing part of a workflow to import Quark XPress and InDesign into TYPO3. XPress was completely impossible and with InDesign I had to keep a very sharp eye on correct colour conversion of source material. I'm still working on it from time to time, but it's sadly not yet fit for general consumption.

Bas