[TYPO3-english] Conditional path in CoolURI

Christian Lerrahn typo3 at penpal4u.net
Fri Jun 12 04:06:10 CEST 2009

Andreas,
> > I've thought about that but don't like the idea too much because I
> > want the pages to be available as part of both sites. Therefore I
> > do not want to redirect either of the URLs even if it is only via a
> > rewrite.
>
> I recommand not to offer same content twice, it's not necessary and
> just confusing people, therefore searchengines don't like it. If I
> f.e. find two pages on different domains which seem to offer the same
> content, I start wondering, if it's realy the same content and start
> searching for differences cause I will not miss any maybe urgent
> infos.

I'm not offering same contents twice. I'm offering part of the contents
of one domain name on another domain name. This makes sense because the
generic domain name offers different languages while the second domain
name is in the language that the branch I show on there is in. This is
pretty common and very different from showing the same content on
different domain names.

Cheers,
Christian