[TYPO3-english] Random DAM image with TS problem

Christian Hennecke christian.hennecke at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Fri Jun 12 00:01:47 CEST 2009

Hello,

I need to select a random image from the DAM and obtain both image file
path and title for later use. This works by using a CONTENT object.

temp.randomImageFile = CONTENT
temp.randomImageFile {
  table = tx_dam
  select {
    # Media folder id
    pidInList = 46
    # only use images
    where = media_type = 2
    # only use images from a certain directory
    andWhere = file_path = 'fileadmin/images/'
    orderBy = RAND()
    max = 1
    selectFields = title, file_name, file_path
  }
  renderObj = COA
  renderObj {
    10 = LOAD_REGISTER
    10 {
      randomImageDamTitle.data = field:title
    }
    20 = TEXT
    20.field = file_path
    20.wrap = |/
    30 = TEXT
    30.field = file_name
  }
}

Now the problem is that I need the *same* randomly selected file several
times. When I use the above TS code for file.import.cObject, a *new*
file is selected every time:

10 = IMAGE
10 {
  file.import.cObject < temp.randomImageFile
  altText.data = register:randomImageDamTitle
}
20 = IMAGE
20 {
  file.import.cObject < temp.randomImageFile
  offset = 250,0
  altText.data = register:randomImageDamTitle
}

Any idea how to do the selection only once? I guess I don't see the
forest for the trees here...
--
"I smell blood and an era of prominent madmen." - W.H. Auden