[TYPO3-english] typo3temp on 4.2 - major problem

Christopher Torgalson bedlamhotel at gmail.com
Tue Jun 9 22:28:08 CEST 2009

Hi,

On Tue, Jun 9, 2009 at 1:17 PM, La Farge Douglas<doug at gcnpublishing.com> wrote:
> We have two sites running 4.2.*  typo3temp is full of files.  over a
> 250,000 files for one site, 350,000 files for another site.  Our 4.1
> sites have a couple thousand or less (manageable).   This is killing
> our available inodes as well as making it take forever to back up
> these sites.
>
> And since these files are sitting in typo3temp/ and not one of the
> subdirectories the install tool won't let you delete them (not that
> that would be a viable solution since the install tool lets you delete
> 1000 max at a time anyway).
>
> Is anyone aware of this problem?  What can be done?

The Install Tool typo3temp tool allows deletion of files in typo3temp
OR typo3temp/subdirectory. As far as I know, the typo3temp delete
function in the install tool just deletes images. If I'm right -- and
if I'm not, somebody will probably say so -- you could just delete
them in shell (e.g. cd ~/typo3temp; rm -rf *.jpg). But don't try it
without verifying that nothing will break :)

--
Christopher Torgalson
http://www.typo3apprentice.com/