[TYPO3-english] typo3temp on 4.2 - major problem

La Farge Douglas doug at gcnpublishing.com
Tue Jun 9 22:17:16 CEST 2009

We have two sites running 4.2.*  typo3temp is full of files.  over a
250,000 files for one site, 350,000 files for another site.  Our 4.1
sites have a couple thousand or less (manageable).   This is killing
our available inodes as well as making it take forever to back up
these sites.

And since these files are sitting in typo3temp/ and not one of the
subdirectories the install tool won't let you delete them (not that
that would be a viable solution since the install tool lets you delete
1000 max at a time anyway).

Is anyone aware of this problem?  What can be done?

Thanks,
doug

Doug La Farge
GCN Publishing, Inc.
203.665.6211 x209
928.699.0663 (cell)
Internet Software & Services For Today's Media Companies
www.gcnpublishing.com * www.bg2go.com