[TYPO3-english] Bug in TMENU with HMENU special=directory?

JoH asenau info at cybercraft.de
Mon Jun 8 18:12:53 CEST 2009

> special HMENU work really great with automatic expansion, I explained
> it in my bug report. Only the combination of mount point and
> sysfolder make it fail.

According to the comments in core only special=directory does.
Maybe I have been missing something , but AFAIK this has not been changed
recently.

And to explain it more detailed:
If you are using a sysfolder that is not part of the page tree of a certain
domain/root, there is no way to activate automatic expansion regardless if
you are using  a mount point or not.

Example:
Create a sysfolder and a rootpage on the same level.
Create trees for both, the sysfolder and the rootpage.
Now setup a TS menu that i using
special=directory
special.value = 123
with 123 being the uid of the sysfolder.

If you use this menu on one of the pages located in your rootpage-tree, it
simply can't expand automatically, because it is not part of the page tree
and thus can't "know"
a) about the domain used by this particular page tree
b) the root page used by this particular domain
c) the "level" (based on the original root page) of the page currently shown

You don't need to use a mount point to trigger this behaviour, since by
design it should be enough to just place the sysfolder outside of the
rootline.

But maybe I am still missing something.

Joey

Dieter Nuhr, German comedian