[TYPO3-english] Typogento and FE users folder

Tonix (Antonio Nati) tonix at interazioni.it
Fri Jun 5 17:02:12 CEST 2009

I'm trying to understand the behaviour of typogento, relative to FE
users folder (called "PID TYPO3 Frontend Users").

I see it is filled only when registration is done using typogento plugin.
Nothing happens if you insert a FE user directly from Magento.

This is uncomfortable because you may need to add a user from the
administrator panel, for whatever reason.
The same, nothing happens in Typo3 records if you change or delete the
user from Magento admin. Typo3 FE records are not affected.

Only one standard group is accessible from Typo3 (instead of possible
groups existing on Magento), so there is no real knowledge of FE user
groups inside Typo3.

Would be feasable to realize a cron script aligning magento FE users
with typo3 fe users?
Or would it be better to improve the typogento connect plugin and make
an instant correction to Typo3 user as a correction is made to a Magento
user?
I'd love also groups could be sync between Magento and Typo3.

Any hint/comment?

Tonino

        Inter at zioni            Interazioni di Antonio Nati
   http://www.interazioni.it      tonix at interazioni.it