[TYPO3-english] When cut/paste after page in custom workspace inserts page in original folder

Markus Fischer markus at fischer.name
Thu Jul 30 11:13:04 CEST 2009

Hi,

I'm using Typo3 4.2.8 running on PHP 5.2.6. This version has been
upgraded from 4.1.1 to 4.1.12 and then to 4.2.8 recently.

I've set up a separate workspace for our editor to work on the new
content prior before publishing everything in one go. Besides other
things, one of the tasks it to move all pages from Current-foler into
the existing Archiv01-folder:

An example folder structure looks like this:

Start

+-Archiv
| |
| +-Archiv01

+-Current

   +Page1
   +Page2
   [...]

Now as editor, I move Page1 into Archiv01 (left click Page1-Icon, "cut",
left click Archiv01-Icon, "paste into") and it appears there.

Start

+-Archiv
| |
| +-Archiv01
|   |
|   +Page1

+-Current

   +Page2
   [...]

Now I do a similar thing for Page2: left click on Page2-Icon, "cut",
left click Page1-Icon (which is now in Archiv1), but Page2 still ends up
in the Current-Folder.

Repearting the procedure, but I then left-click Archiv01 and choose
"paste into" it ends up in Archiv01, but above Page1:

Start

+-Archiv
| |
| +-Archiv01
|   |
|   +Page2
|   +Page1

+-Current
   [...]

When I now do left-click Page2-Icon, "cut", left-click Page1-Icon,
"paste after", Page2 ends up again in Current:

Start

+-Archiv
| |
| +-Archiv01
|   |
|   +Page1

+-Current

   +Page2
   [...]

I guess Page1 still has a reference to the Current-folder and thus it
behaves this way?

When I have Page2 and Page1 in this order in Archiv01 and I left-click
Page2-Icon and choose "More options..." / "Move page" I get only
prompted the other pages from the Current-folder.

Is this an expected behavior or a bug? Am I missing a configuration
settings somewhere?

thanks for any pointers,
- Markus