[TYPO3-english] Oracle & Typo3 + TV

Mauro Lorenzutti mauro.lorenzutti at webformat.com
Wed Jul 29 08:44:54 CEST 2009

Hi all,

> The same happens when you file a bug report in forge complete with a
> patch. It not exceptional that it takes several months for the issue to
> be resolved. I can't really blame the developer because (s)he also has
> to make a living, but it's not a practical solution to try to hire the
> developer to solve the problem.
> Most of the time the person/company who encounters the problem also has
> to meet a deadline. In the example of Oracle + TV, it means that the
> problem has to be solved before the normal site building can be started
> (otherwise you have to migrate the database also). This means that there
> are only a couple of days available (already extra time in the project)
> to solve the problem or alternative ways to build the site have to be found.

you described the situation very well...

I tried to get in touch with extension developers a lot of time
providing patches and upgrades but I usually do not receive any answer
(I'm not speaking about TV now, I didn't try to contact you Dimitry so
I'm not speaking about you).

In my opinion, this is the reason why a web agency prefers to try to
solve the problem in house instead of contacting the extension author or
a core dev. It's mainly a time problem.

Regards,

---
 Mauro Lorenzutti