[TYPO3-english] HTML5 & TYPO3

Christopher Torgalson bedlamhotel at gmail.com
Tue Jul 28 19:14:58 CEST 2009

On Tue, Jul 28, 2009 at 9:58 AM, Niels
Pardon<typo3_lists at niels-pardon.de> wrote:
> Jason Lefkowitz schrieb:
>> -- Jason
>>
>> (who'd be happy to help in that effort, just tell him how)
>

> I think would have to provide an HTML5 compatible alternative to
> css_styled_content, but I may be wrong with this assumption.

It'll take more than that; the core generates html at a number of
places, so any differences between what the html 5 spec demands and
what's actually produced by the core will have to be identified and
fixed.

Just FYI, I hope this situation will change with the increasing
inevitability of HTML 5, but in the past, the core developers have
been decidedly hostile to the idea that TYPO3 should be able to
produce code compatible with any current standard *except* xhtml
(search the list archives for more details...)

--
Christopher Torgalson
http://www.typo3apprentice.com/