[TYPO3-english] Get page content using a standalone script.

Jill E. Anderson jillande at gmail.com
Tue Jul 28 17:45:45 CEST 2009

Greetings Prakash,

On Tue, Jul 28, 2009 at 9:58 AM, Prakash <spabhat at chandanweb.com> wrote:

> Hi Tonino,
>
> Tonix (Antonio Nati) wrote:
> > fetch or wget?
> >
> > Tonino
> >
> To be clear, my main idea is to write a function which takes a page id
> as parameter, and returns the content of the specified page.
> The idea is to get content without including any of the typo3 headers or
> JS/CSS from any extensions.
>
> Any idea how this could be done?

No scripts are required to create a plain text page, it can be done with a
TS template. Just create a page type that doesn't include the headers or
JS/CSS. Configure page rendering also to your requirements, such as
excluding embedded CSS or other HTML attributes/tags.  Then request the page
adding that page type parameter.

Depending what your mission is, the work might be done at this point.  Or,
at the very least least, you have only the plain text to feed into your
script that does some other processing to complete your task.

Jill