[TYPO3-english] Oracle & Typo3 + TV

Xavier Perseguers typo3 at perseguers.ch
Tue Jul 28 16:06:44 CEST 2009

Hi there,

Thanks Marek to have re-posted your question on this mailing list.
Providing direct support through email is great but having the answer on
this list helps the whole community ;-)

>> Hello, I am following Xavier's progress, since I need to make work
>> Typo3 and
>> Oracle, together with set of few exts such as TV and BE logn thru LDAP.

Nothing impossible :-)

>> last week I am trying to get Templavoila working on Oracle XE I
>> recently got
>> working on my linux server. I got that far, that typo3 basically (!)
>> runs,
>> still I am getting various mysql (?) related errors, that it dumps,
>> I guess its related to dbal/adodb combination of suggestions and
>> patches I
>> apllied, or made some mine.
>>
>> Still I can't make it work. I am using at the moment typo 4.3 alpha.
>>
>> Do you have any suggestion to try on, how to make templavoila  work with
>> Oracle XE? Respectively some patching tips to make typo3 work at least
>> some
>> decent way with Oracle ?

I checked my changes on TemplaVoilà. I had to patch file
EXT:templavoila/class.tx_templavoila_htmlmarkup.php on line 696 as shown
below to get rid of error "Template Object could not be unserialized
successfully" when I changed the current language:

Before:
if (is_array($printRow)) {

After:
if (is_array($printRow) && count($printRow) > 0) {

> We are using TYPO3 v. 4.2.8 with Oracle XE without problems. We had a

I was quite sure Oracle could run on v. 4.2 but I did not try it. Great
to know that it works although none of the patches I had to write to
make it run on 4.3 have been backported to 4.2.

I run v.1.3.7+ (as I patched it :D)

> lot of problems while trying TV over Oracle so we decided to do not use
> TV for that project :-(
>
>> Recently today firstly I turned out warnings in php.ini as suggested by
>> Xavier. After that  I got latest trunk from SVN. I reinstalled stuff,
>> applied also latest Xaviers' patch, found on his website.
>>
>> I have modified localconf with mapping of tables etc, as described.
>>
>> I can basically install TV (I am using 1.3.7). Though I can't stil
>> install
>> static_info_tables, whatever I do.

I do not remember the exact table I could not create/import (import
IIRC) but that was something like currency one. As I do not need it
anyway, I simply did not import its data. The rest was OK.

I run v.2.1.1

>> Also when I do try to TV any of html templates, I can map etc.. but
>> when I
>> try to create DS/TO, I get the error
>> *Error:* No Data Structure was created!
>> whatever I do.
>>
>> I was trying to check in oracle backend (running on port 8080), it
>> seems to
>> me that it can't store proper way values into pages table.
>>
>> any ideas?
>>

> The solution we adopted was to don't use TV...

As said it just works as described on my website.

>> also Xavier, would it be possible that you would offer on your website
>> for a
>> download, the versions of TV/static/ig(ldap) ext, that your're
>> succesfully
>> running?

Patch for TV is described on this list, besides that, I only had problem
with another language. TV runs smoothly out-of-the-box (as long as you
did the DBAL mapping of course):

$TYPO3_CONF_VARS['EXTCONF']['dbal']['mapping'] = array(
     'tx_templavoila_datastructure' => array(
         'mapTableName' => 'tx_templavoila_ds',
     ),
);

Static Info Tables: just import what you need and ignore the (single
IIRC) table data that cannot be imported, I guess you won't need it either.

LDAP: I use ig_ldap_sso_auth as described (again) on my Website. Nothing
to do as I patched it while making it work and changes have been
incorporated into official release. Currently using v.1.0.6 (although I
know there is an update) and associated iglib with v.0.1.2.

> about LDAP, we are using eu_ldap but we had to fix it in some rows to
> make it work with Oracle. If you are interested I can provide you a
> patch for this extension.

As said, I did not have to do anything regarding Oracle itself. Patches
I provided were mainly bugs that had to be fixed.

Regarding eu_ldap, I first tried it as it is somehow "THE" LDAP
extension but it turned out (as you found yourself) that it did not work
out-of-the-box and it was quite old (although once again it seems to
work well on non Oracle systems). I found ig_ldap_sso_auth which is much
more user-friendly and just works well with both BE and FE login.

--
Xavier Perseguers
MVC ExtJS Samples Leader

http://forge.typo3.org/projects/show/extension-mvc_extjs_samples