[TYPO3-english] Oracle & Typo3 + TV

Mauro Lorenzutti mauro.lorenzutti at webformat.com
Tue Jul 28 15:42:39 CEST 2009

Hi Marek,

> Hello, I am following Xavier's progress, since I need to make work Typo3 and
> Oracle, together with set of few exts such as TV and BE logn thru LDAP.
>

> last week I am trying to get Templavoila working on Oracle XE I recently got
> working on my linux server. I got that far, that typo3 basically (!) runs,
> still I am getting various mysql (?) related errors, that it dumps,
> I guess its related to dbal/adodb combination of suggestions and patches I
> apllied, or made some mine.
>
> Still I can't make it work. I am using at the moment typo 4.3 alpha.
>
> Do you have any suggestion to try on, how to make templavoila  work with
> Oracle XE? Respectively some patching tips to make typo3 work at least some
> decent way with Oracle ?

We are using TYPO3 v. 4.2.8 with Oracle XE without problems. We had a
lot of problems while trying TV over Oracle so we decided to do not use
TV for that project :-(

> Recently today firstly I turned out warnings in php.ini as suggested by
> Xavier. After that  I got latest trunk from SVN. I reinstalled stuff,
> applied also latest Xaviers' patch, found on his website.
>
> I have modified localconf with mapping of tables etc, as described.
>
> I can basically install TV (I am using 1.3.7). Though I can't stil install
> static_info_tables, whatever I do.

The same for us.

> Also when I do try to TV any of html templates, I can map etc.. but when I
> try to create DS/TO, I get the error
> *Error:* No Data Structure was created!
> whatever I do.
>
> I was trying to check in oracle backend (running on port 8080), it seems to
> me that it can't store proper way values into pages table.
>
> any ideas?

The solution we adopted was to don't use TV...

> also Xavier, would it be possible that you would offer on your website for a
> download, the versions of TV/static/ig(ldap) ext, that your're succesfully
> running?

about LDAP, we are using eu_ldap but we had to fix it in some rows to
make it work with Oracle. If you are interested I can provide you a
patch for this extension.

If someone is using TV on Oracle, it would be great if he could release
a patch.

Regards,

---
 Mauro Lorenzutti