[TYPO3-english] pageNotFound_handling is working after migration

Christopher Torgalson bedlamhotel at gmail.com
Mon Jul 27 18:01:46 CEST 2009

On Mon, Jul 27, 2009 at 8:43 AM, Jigal van Hemert<jigal at xs4all.nl> wrote:
> J. Bakshi wrote:
>> I have migrated my existing typo3 4.2.6 to 4.2.8.  Everything seems
>> working well except the pageNotFound_handling.
>>
>> and there is already not_in_menu page 404.  Before migration it was
>> running well. The realurl is running here without any problem but the
>> pageNotFound_handling is no more functional.  Could anyone suggest a fix
>> or how to debug ?
>
> Since it's not_in_menu there probably will not be a page which makes a
> link to that 404 page. If the caches, etc. have been emptied during the
> migration I can imagine that realurl has no way of knowing how to find
> the url you set in pageNotFound_handling.
>
> I would check if there is an entry in realurl for this page.

1. There is no reason in particular to specifically set up a realurl
path like /404/ since that url will/should NEVER be requested;
2. Consequently, there is also no reason to create a menu etc
specifically to ensure that the 404 page's path is available to the
system;
3. if you set the value of pageNotFound_handline to e.g.
index.php?id=45, 404 handling should work

--
Christopher Torgalson
http://www.typo3apprentice.com/