[TYPO3-english] Why there is not an " official " online Forum for TYPO3 ?

Florian Seirer florian.seirer at tirol.gv.at
Wed Jul 22 17:00:07 CEST 2009

Hi Georg!

Could you tell me what (windows) tools you are using to search the
newsgroups?

I don't need anything offline and I don't care much for ads, but
actually finding something *fast* in the newsgroups is quite frustrating
for me.

Since the data from support.typo3.org is still outdated (march 09) and
the search is broken (no results), I, just out of curiousity, downloaded
about 300000 (!) mails from the newsgroups I am interested in. That
alone took a whole night. Searching for a word with Thunderbird in the
bodytext took more than a minute while using 200MB RAM and 60% of a Dual
Core CPU. And I was only searching within the english newsgroup (~97k
mails).
Thunderbird - and probably other newsgroup readers like Outlook Express
or Windows Live Mail - also lists the results by date, and not by
relevance.

Furthermore, Desktop Search Engines like google desktop or Windows
Search don't support newsgroups at all.

I know that there are some websites like www.typo3-jack.net that try to
make the newsgroups available and searchable. But then again, they are
not official and I don't know what exactly they are indexing.

So maybe the right tools could solve my problem. Until then, the
newsgroups will be the second to last place I will visit for TYPO3
knowledge or solutions. My mom comes last. ;-)

Kind regards,
Florian