[TYPO3-english] permissions query

Xavier Perseguers typo3 at perseguers.ch
Wed Jul 22 11:57:21 CEST 2009

Hi Stan,

> When I add a new extension it makes it as nobody:nobody and it doesn't work.
> I have to manually chown it.

What does not work? Your script are not executed? Then you certainly
have suPHP in place.

> I want to save it as user:user in each domain /www/typo3conf/ext/

Either run your webserver as user:user or if you have suPHP, configure
it to allow nobody:nobody to run scripts (there's a min allowed uid /
gid to configure) or do something in between and dedicate a user/group
that is neither nobody:nobody nor user:user to run your webserver.

--
Xavier Perseguers
DBAL-Member

http://xavier.perseguers.ch/en/tutorials/typo3.html