[TYPO3-english] HMENU as if on other page

Tyler Kraft tyler.kraft at netefficiency.co.uk
Tue Jul 21 12:39:59 CEST 2009

Hi Warlick,

Yes I know what you mean, and what you suggest would definitely work.

I'd been trying to avoid doing it this way though, as they have MANY
pages with the list on it, and while this would work it seems a poor way
to do it IMO. We're trying to avoid many of these pages in order to keep
the site as tidy as possible (they already have 2000 pages, and yes
unfortunately they are all needed)

I've found a way to do it now, but it's not quite ideal, but it works.

But it still presents the problem that I'd like to see solved: The
ability to make a TS menu and have it display according to the way it's
setup all throughout the site. So far so good as that's possible. But
then in certain circumstances, make it behave as if you were on a
predetermined page while actually being on a completely different page.
This, as far as I can tell, is not possible to easily do without writing
your own php function to generate the menu array.

Tyler