[TYPO3-english] RPC service for backend

Xavier Perseguers typo3 at perseguers.ch
Tue Jul 21 07:23:29 CEST 2009

Hello,

> I'm searching for some kind of RPC-service that grants access to the
> TYPO3 backend. I'd like to develop a simple desktop client for TYPO3 and
> RPC would make my life a lot easier.

I'm not aware of any existing extension doing this except somehow
EXT:meta_ftpd [2] that I never tested. Might be a starting point.

> In this [1] thread from 2007 it is mentioned that TYPO3 5.0 makes use of
> the phpCR implementation (a port of the Java Content Repository). Would
> this still be the preferred way to get data from TYPO3?

In fact TYPO3 5.0 does not exist _yet_. Underlying framework FLOW3 [3]
has it though but you cannot (yet) deploy a website in TYPO3 5.0 as the
code developped for TYPO3 5.0 using FLOW3 is still in its very infancy.

Regards

[1] http://lists.netfielders.de/pipermail/typo3-dev/2007-April/023102.html>
[2] http://typo3.org/extensions/repository/view/meta_ftpd/current/
[3] http://flow3.typo3.org/