[TYPO3-english] How to create an email address dynamically using ts and getIndpEnv:TYPO3_HOST_ONLY

Matthew K - (Swagman Solutions) typo3 at swagmansolutions.com.au
Sun Jul 19 10:08:40 CEST 2009

Hi Peter,

Thanks for your suggested ts below, it appears to have worked. :)  I'll have
to read a little more into the tsref & tsbyex manuals to learn what your ts
is doing.

Getting the email address to use TYPO3 anti spam in its output is for
another day.

Its a shame that there isn't an enviroment variable, (that i could find
online or in my TYPO3 handbook), that could return just the doamin of
HOST_ONLY, ie thats strips off any http, https, ftp and/or www

I can imagine that there are other times that it would come in handy when
trying to dynamically creat email addresses.

Perhaps in the future there might be a IndpEnv for TYPO3_HOST_DOMAIN_ONLY or
something like this.

Thanks again

Matthew K
Swagman Solutions