[TYPO3-english] HMENU as if on other page

David Bruchmann typo3-en at bruchmann-web.de
Fri Jul 17 18:43:33 CEST 2009

----- Ursprüngliche Nachricht -----
Von:        Tyler Kraft <tyler.kraft at netefficiency.co.uk>
Gesendet:   Freitag, 17. Juli 2009 15:10:33
An:         typo3-english at lists.netfielders.de
CC:
Betreff:    Re: [TYPO3-english] HMENU as if on other page
> Hi
>
> Well I really need it, and soon. And it does need to work in a broad
> spectrum as I need to adjust several menus in many ways using it. If you
> do manage to figure out a way then please let me know.
>
> (putting in tmount pages is not really a solution unfortunately)
>
> Ta
>
> Rudy Gnodde (WIND Internet) wrote:
>> Hello Tyler,
>>
>> Tyler Kraft wrote:
>>> Not as far as I know, but I need something very similar in concept.
>>> http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=11248
>>>
>>> So I might be offering to sponsor this pdq.
>> Yes, that does seem to be what I want. I still have a few ideas to solve
>> this without altering the core. If I find a solution that's not a
>> complete hack I'll let you know.
>>
>> I have been looking in to adding this to the core, but unfortunately it
>> looks like this would require quite a large change. I'm not that
>> familiar with the core though, so I could be wrong.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Rudy

Sorry, but I don't understand the problem at all.

You're free to build an extended Menu by TS like this:

lib.extMenu = COA
lib.extMenu {
	10 = HMENU or Typolink
	10 {
		... special configuration
	}
	20.HMENU
	20 {
		... normal Menu
	}
	wrap = <div class="metaMenu">|</div>
}

After this Menuconfiguration you also can note Conditions to hide or
change the menu if you're unable to specify every case for displaying
inside the Menu-definition:

[some condition]
lib.extMenu.10 >
[another condition]
lib.extMenu.10.ACT.stdWrap = some manipulator
lib.extMenu.10.CUR.stdWrap = another manipulator
[global]

That's the usual case for combining different Menus and IMHO it's not
necessary to change something inside core.

Regards
David