[TYPO3-english] HMENU as if on other page

Rudy Gnodde (WIND Internet) rgn at windinternet.nl
Fri Jul 17 13:57:30 CEST 2009

Hello Loek,

Loek Hilgersom wrote:
> The rootline should be fine since the fakepage is in the right place for
> how you want the menu's to look like. And I don't see any problem with
> the submenu levels either, so either there is no problem or I still
> don't get what you want to achieve.

I don't think you understand me correctly or I don't understand you
correctly. Perhaps I confused you by saying the link will be in the
submenu. What I meant was it will be below the submenu.

If you click on the link while you're on a page that's in the following
rootline "Page 1 > Page 1.1 > Page 1.1.1" the main menu should have
"Page 1" as current, the submenu should have "Page 1.1" as active (and
expanded) and "Page 1.1.1" as current.

> Chash is necessary to make it work, but what I hinted at is that you
> will be duplicating your pages many times in the cache tables, and
> possibly also in search results.

The page behind the link shouldn't be in the search results at all which
isn't a problem in this case. And I know about the cache tables. The
page behind the link will be cached just as many times as there are
pages that show the link, so there will probably be about twice as much
records in the cache tables. This is unfortunate, but can't be helped
and isn't really a problem in this case.

Regards,

Rudy