[TYPO3-english] HMENU as if on other page

Loek Hilgersom hilgersom at xs4all.nl
Fri Jul 17 12:48:14 CEST 2009

Rudy Gnodde (WIND Internet) wrote:
> This wouldn't work with the rootline and deeper submenu levels.

The rootline should be fine since the fakepage is in the right place for how you
want the menu's to look like. And I don't see any problem with the submenu
levels either, so either there is no problem or I still don't get what you want
to achieve.

>> For the other approach, if you're thinking about a solution with a get
>> parameter like you mentioned: be aware that it can have considerable
>> drawbacks for page caching.
>
> Yes, I know. The link is generated by typolink, so adding a chash is
> easy and that should fix this.

Chash is necessary to make it work, but what I hinted at is that you will be
duplicating your pages many times in the cache tables, and possibly also in
search results.

Cheers,
Loek