[TYPO3-english] HMENU as if on other page

Rudy Gnodde (WIND Internet) rgn at windinternet.nl
Fri Jul 17 09:42:11 CEST 2009

Hello everyone,

We are building a website which has a lot pages on multiple levels. On
the site there are 3 HMENU's. The main menu shows the first level, a sub
menu shows the next 2 levels and a rootline menu. The main menu always
has one active item and the submenu differs depending on where you are
in the site.

So far so good. We now want a link added to every submenu to a single
page (which is located below the first main menu item). This isn't a
problem. However when you click on this link the menu's should not
change. So if you click the link while you're in the second main menu
item the second main menu item should still be active, the submenu for
the second main menu item should still be shown and the rootline should
still go to the page you were on.

I could do this with mount points, but that would mean adding mount
points to each main menu item and then you'd still have a problem if you
came from a deeper level.

So how I'm hoping to do this is to add a parameter to the link so the
uid of the page you came from is known. What I need to know is if there
is any way to make an HMENU think you're on a certain page through
TypoScript. "special = directory" isn't an option because of the
multiple levels of the submenu and the rootline.

Thanks in advance.

Rudy