[TYPO3-english] TYPO3 & Magento Hosting with SSL 256bit cert

Ries van Twisk typo3 at rvt.dds.nl
Thu Jul 16 16:55:59 CEST 2009

On Jul 16, 2009, at 9:35 AM, Sebastian Schnur wrote:

>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I am searching for a hoster, which is specified for TYPO3 _and_
>>> Magento
>>> hosting in Germany.
>>>
>>> Needs are:
>>> - redundant fast internet connection
>>> - 256bit SSL certificate.
>>> - fast and pro support
>>> - fast reliable servers.
>>> - ...
>>>
>>> Which hosters can you recommend?
>>> I prefer pro/business hosters.
>>>
>>> Anyone any expereience?
>>>
>>> REgards
>>>
> Hi,
>
> look at http://www.hetzner.de/en/hosting/ssl/zertifikat/ and you'll
> see
> that they distribute 256 Bit SSL Certificates. Magento will run. You
> just have to rent a SH500 minimal.
>
> I've running 3 Domains on a SH500, with a lot of traffic, no
> problem. :)
> You have to think about to rent a sever.
>
> What are your performence requirements? What's your business?

If it doesn't have to be in germany you could look at Rackspace in the
UK.
Since you mentions a lot of FAST and with some dots (you properly want
more)

One thing you didn't mention is the need for 24x7 support, a lot of
smaller hoster cannot
give you that unless you want to have somebody from support in India
on the phone.

With rackspace I had good experience when it comes to hardware
support, you
can call them and they check it out for your, right away, no delays
and no support tickets,
  although possible with support tickets if it's less urgent.

You need to decide for yourself how much you will loose per hour when
your
server(s) are not availale. Then decide a hoster that matches your
needs.

Ries