[TYPO3-english] tt_content conditions

Tyler Kraft tyler.kraft at netefficiency.co.uk
Thu Jul 16 12:09:47 CEST 2009

Roberto Torresani wrote:
> Hi all!
> I'm looking for create a condition in template about tt_content.
>
> If I use
> [globalVar=TSFE:page|uid=XXX]
> with the uid of the page my condition is true

You can just use globalVar = TSFE:id=XXX here as it's easier to remember

> But if I use
> [globalVar=TSFE:tt_content|uid=YYY]
> with the uid of my content the condition don't works
Nope it wont.

> My target is to create condition on header_layout: I try to use without
> success
> [globalVar=TSFE:tt_content|header_layout=ZZZ]
>
> What is wrong?
In loose terms it does the condition on the page display/serving, not on
the content rendering. So to use it on a content item you'd have to use
an 'if' statement in the TS setup of tt_content. In your case you'd
actually probably need to use it in lib.stdHearer

hth