[TYPO3-english] Two problems with coolURI

Thu Jul 16 09:03:26 CEST 2009

Hi all,

I have two problems with coolURI I can't fix all by myself.

Problem 1:
A rather odd problem.

First, coolURI works fine for me. No more nasty tt_news URI's, but nice,
human understandable URI's. Very nice.

But, if the pagepath, which, in case of a tt_news item actually is /menu-item/news-item-title,
gets too long, the linked page cannot be found.

For instance, for the Dutch Championship 3d Archery I've created a news item
about subscribing to the championship. The original coolURI, as created by
CoolURI (completed with domain) is "http://www.hbs-artemis.nl/nieuws/inschrijving-nederlands-kampioenschap-3d-2009-is-geopend/".
Rather long, but completely human understandable.

This link doesn't work: page cannot be found. Now, I manually change this
URI to "/nieuws/inschrijving-nk-3d-2009-is-geopend/" et voila, the link works.

Is there some sort of maximum number of characters for the pagepath? Or is
it an configuration error?

Problem 2:
Another thing I've had in the passed is with double slashes. When I add an
additional slash to the pagepath (for instance http://bla.com/link//) it
does show the correct page but the URI consist of the complete(!) Unix path.
When I 'double slash' the domainname, it returns a couple of PHP errors.

I've solved this problem by adding some PHP code like "if variable='' return
false;", but I think this is also a configuration issue. Can't give you the
exact PHP code I've added because some nitwit at my webhost resetted my password...

Thank you for your time and (hopefully) for your answers.

Kind regards,

Roy van Lamoen
http://www.hbs-artemis.nl