[TYPO3-english] TYPO3 FlexForm and "select" type

Victor Livakovsky v-tyok at mail.ru
Tue Jul 14 01:58:46 CEST 2009

Hi, list.

I'm new in TYPO3 extension development and now trying to build my own
extension, which should be inserted as plugin on a page and a list of
defined categories should appear at multiple selector box at plugin's
options.
I've created such FlexForm xml for that:

<T3DataStructure>
    <langDisable>1</langDisable>
    <langChildren>0</langChildren>
  <ROOT>
    <type>array</type>
    <el>
      <clubServices>
        <TCEforms>

<label>LLL:EXT:club_services/locallang_db.xml:pi1_flexform.services</label>
          <config>
            <type>select</type>
            <foreign_table>tx_clubservices_service</foreign_table>
            <foreign_table_where>AND
tx_clubservices_service.pid=###STORAGE_PID### ORDER BY
tx_clubservices_service.uid</foreign_table_where>
            <size>10</size>
            <minItems>0</minItems>
            <maxItems>100</maxItems>
          </config>
        </TCEforms>
      </clubServices>
    </el>
  </ROOT>
</T3DataStructure>

As I understood, such xml should build FlexForm with to lists: first one
- shows selected elements, and the second one - shows full list of
elements. But I can see only second - there is no firs list, that
displays selection.

I've checked the TYPO3 Core API and the code there is exactly same, but
there are two lists at screenshots. I'm fighting few hours with it, but
can't find any solution. Please, give me a hint, if you know possible
reason.
Thanks to everyone in advance.