[TYPO3-english] How to make leftmenu?

bernd wilke x00nsji02 at sneakemail.com
Tue Jul 14 00:05:43 CEST 2009

Am Mon, 13 Jul 2009 20:15:04 +0200 schrieb Csanyi Pal:

> bernd wilke írta:
[...]
> I don't understand that that if I create a new Text record in the LEFT
> Column,
> then I can't see it in the View, but it's not Hidden. Why can't I see
> it?

TYYPO3 consists of database records. with Typoscript you configure the
SQL-Statements and decide what to do with the resuls.
the default result for content ('styles.content.get') just selects
records which are in default column.
if you insert records in left-column you have to select them with another
configuration ('styles.content.getLeft') and decide where it has to be
rendered in the output.

reading our manual and our example configuration you will find these
parts of typoscript.

>> for a better learning of using HTML-templates with typoscript-templates
>> our usergroup once created the mastertemplate, a short introduction and
>> basic website.
>> you can download it (import/export and manual) from
>> 	http://ug.typo3-nrw.de/mastertemplate.html
>>
> I downloaded the masterTemplate_1_1_2.t3d binary file but don't know how
> to use (install?) it.

it's just a small sentence in the manual:

----------------
*Including of the mastertemplate*
So the mastertemplate includes typoscript configuration and the first
pages of a website, we attempt the mastertemplate is included into an
empty TYPO3 project: there only exists the  root-page (id=0).
In this page you can import the t3d-file and you get a skeletal page
tree, from which you can build up your website.
----------------
meaning:
click on the globe of your (empty) pagetree and select 'import from t3d'
in the following dialog upload the mastertemplate-t3d-file and import the
data.
Afterwards have a look in fileadmin/html/mastertemplate.html and all the
typoscript-templates in the page [templates], read the explanations in
the manual and compare the typoscript with TSRef (http://typo3.org/
documentation/document-library/core-documentation/doc_core_tsref/current/)

and as Philipp said: you have a lot to read!
besides online-documentation you may read some books, which are more up
to date than most online-documentation.

bernd