[TYPO3-english] How to make leftmenu?

bernd wilke x00nsji02 at sneakemail.com
Mon Jul 13 17:34:41 CEST 2009

Am Mon, 13 Jul 2009 10:15:43 +0200 schrieb Csanyi Pal:

> Hi,
>
> I have just installed on Debian GNU/Linux Lenny typo3
> typo3-dummy
> typo3-src-4.2
>
> I have started to learn how to use it. I have downloaded Getting Started
> and I`m half through this book.
>
> I'm creating a new website just for practice typo3.
>
> I don't know how to insert menu items to the left side of the page.
>
> I'm using standard template "RE".
> I have one page that is root of the website and three more pages that I
> have created with Functions module at once.
>
> So I have a horizontal menu with names of these three pages but havn't
> menu at the left side of the main page. How can I make a menu there?
>
> Any advices will be appreciated!

for a better learning of using HTML-templates with typoscript-templates
our usergroup once created the mastertemplate, a short introduction and
basic website.
you can download it (import/export and manual) from
	http://ug.typo3-nrw.de/mastertemplate.html

The manual still belongs to version 1.0.0, so meanwhile there is a
version 1.1.2 available to import, which includes the usage of layout-
selector for pages and got some improvements about general page-
configuration.

And don't care about unknown pagetypes. So the used pagetypes changed
some time ago in TYPO3 (4.2?) they are still included in that old import-
file and handled correctly with newer TYPO3
(those old pagetypes were:
extended Pages (=the same as today standard pages, those days standard
pages got only a subset of inputfields),
hidden pages : today there is a checkbox for hidding pages in menu
)

bernd