[TYPO3-english] Login-error on extension menue points like "(TV) Page" or "CoolURI" inside TYPO3 Backend only with 4.2.8

Lee Perry leeperry at slack.de
Mon Jul 13 17:16:38 CEST 2009

Andreas Lappe wrote:
> On 13.07.09, Lee Perry wrote:
>> When I switch back to TYPO3 4.2.6 the problem is solved and, very
>> strange, on another TYPO3 4.2.8 installation there isn't such a problem,
>> but there are no major differences between these installations...
>> So can anybody reproduce this problem?
>> And any suggestions to solve it?
>
> I do have the same problem with Page_TV and CoolUri, but it seems to me
> I only get logged out in Safari, Firefox makes less problems. But maybe
> that's just the feeling...

I do also see the different behaviour between the browsers - but for me
Firefox (2.0.20 and 3.5) and IE7 and IE8 make such a problem, but there
is no problem at Safari 4.0 (at this time).

I've got another oddity at Firefox 2.0.20 and 3.5:
I have to Login twice, when I've cleared all cookies - first time I will
get the information "Your login attempt did not succeed. ..." like with
wrong access data - but they are correct.
After that first failure, there is the PHPSESSID cookie and the
be_typo_user cookie and then the login is successful - but after Login
there is inside TYPO3 (4.2.8) the problem, I described before.

So, I don't know why ...