[TYPO3-english] Using reCaptcha with form content element

Johnny john at fayandjohn.com
Mon Jul 13 16:29:26 CEST 2009

An extension has been written in Typo3 for reCaptcha:
http://typo3.org/extensions/repository/view/jm_recaptcha/current/

On my website, I already use several "Form" content elements which have
quite a few radio buttons, drop down boxes, text boxes, etc.

I would like to be able to modify the PHP code for the "Form" content
element to incorporate an automatic reCaptcha check so that I don't have
to change any of my existing Form content elements in the backend.

Has anyone seen this done?  Does anyone have any idea how to do it?  I'd
like to do it, but am not sure where to start, or how complicated it is.

I'm kind of surprised that the form content element in typo3 does not
already have a captcha built into it seeing how popular spam is these days.

Thanks for any help anyone can offer.

Johnny