[TYPO3-english] Problems after upgrading to 4.2.8

Marco Behnke marco at behnke.biz
Fri Jul 10 16:31:54 CEST 2009

Philipp Gampe schrieb:
> Am 10.07.2009, 15:57 Uhr, schrieb Marco Behnke <marco at behnke.biz>:
>

>> Hi,
>>
>> I recently upgraded our Typo3 4.1.5 to 4.2.8.
>> Everything went fine so far with one big exception:
>>
>> Everytime I open a user record, the text input fields are left empty and
>> saving alsways asks to login.
>>
>> E.g.: If I open user XYZ I can see all dropdowns and lists filled but
>> username is empty.
>> When I try saving I'll get a prompt that tells me that my sessions has
>> probably timeout and asks to log in again.
>> If I say YES a new window opens which tells me that I'm logged in.
>> If I press cancel, the record is saved losing no information.
>>
>> If I create a new user, it is saved with login and password.
>>
>> The same problem occurs when editing content.
>>
>> Anyone who can help me with that?
>>
>> greetings
>> Marco
>>

> a little big update (from 4.1.5 to 4.2.8)

Indeed. Would you suggest updating version by version to avoid problems?
I thought that it shouldn't be a big deal upgrading in one step.
> did you checked the database (compare in install tool) ?
> cache files deleted?
> cache cleared (BE)

Yes, did that. Even upgraded all extensions that can be upgraded.

I found out that there are more errors in my installation.
E.g.

1) The page tree. Nothing happens when I hit the (+). Folding seems to
be disabled. JavaScript Firebug says: Tree is not defnied.

2) There a a lot of JavaScript errors:

Tree is not defined
 Tree.highlightClass = "active";
alt_db_n...ayout.php (line 29)

DragDrop is not defined
 if (Prototype.Browser.IE) {
db_layout.php (line 39)

Tree is not defined
 Tree.highlightActiveItem("",top.fsMod.navFrameHighlightedID["web"]);
alt_db_n...ayout.php (line 116)

Prototype is not defined
 if (Prototype.Browser.IE) {
db_layout.php (line 39)