[TYPO3-english] Extending sr_feuser_register, how to process my marker?

StephenBungert stephenbungert at yahoo.de
Fri Jul 10 13:18:40 CEST 2009

I want to extend sr_feuser_register so that users can specify which
newsletter they want to subscribe to. These are created as seperate records
in my extension and are then selectable in the backend (like tt_news
categories).

I managed to display my field in front end but it's just an MM_relation
field. I want to process the output of the field so that checkboxes are
built allowing users to select the newsletters that they want. I'll then
make a new tcdirectmail target to select only user records that have the
correct newsletter subscribtion relation.

I've created an extension to do this. Is there away of getting
sr_feuser_register to call a function when outputting my field? I couldn't
seem to see any relevant hook in the manual. Or do I need to create a new
frontend form in my extension where users can then select which newsletters
they want?

-----
--
Stephen Bungert