[TYPO3-english] Errors including typo3conf/temp_CACHED_***_ext_tables.php file

Francois Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Wed Jul 8 09:44:22 CEST 2009

Hi,

I'm coming back to this topic because I just observed it live. I was
sitting at a client's, we cleared the configuration cache and hit the
refresh button in the browser on 2 different client machines at very
nearly the same time.

> It could be that the second hit comes after the file is created and
> locked for writing, but not written to yet...

What happened is that one hit came a bit earlier (probably microseconds)
and started generating the temp_CACHED_***_ext_tables.php file. The
second hit found the file and started reading it, but it was not
complete yet, so it stumbled on some random syntax error.

> Just an idea. Do you see any problems that this is causing?

It causes PHP syntax errors. On sites with a high traffic, I imagine
that quite a few people could see that error before the cache is done
being written.

There's actually already a locking mechanism which was introduced in
TYPO3 4.2 and which resolved the "Page is being generated" issue. Maybe
the same mechanism could be used here too.

Cheers

--

Francois Suter