[TYPO3-english] Non-admin users can not assign categories

Philipp Gampe phil at philippgampe.info
Tue Jul 7 23:31:45 CEST 2009

Am 07.07.2009, 23:19 Uhr, schrieb Redvald Hjulstad <redvald at hjulstad.no>:

> On 2009-06-30 10:29:20 +0200, Redvald Hjulstad <redvald at hjulstad.no>
> said:
>
>> I have a problem using tt_news 3.0.
>>  Non-admin users can not assign categories to news records. Upon save
>> they are removed. This is also true if the user opens a record where a
>> admin user have added categories and save it. Categories is then
>> removed.
>>  Redvald
>
> Anyone?

make sure you habe set the right permissions in the be-usergroup!

I remembering having this problem once, but I dont remember what I have
missed excactly.
Make sure Users have access to:
1. Tables
2. Sysfolder/Page where categories are in
3. anything else :)

you can use the info tool to check if user can see categories
also make sure you have set the right pid in extention manager (tt_news)
and or TS

Best regards
Phil

--
I never knew how good Opera is as a newsreader! Try it!
(used Thunderbird and Evolution before)