[TYPO3-english] mail2news problem

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Tue Jul 7 20:06:11 CEST 2009

Christian Hennecke wrote:
> We have just started to use the mail2news extension. It has been working
> nicely so far. However, I am a bit concerned about some messages in the
> log:
>
> Notice: Undefined index:  ext/mail2news/class.tx_mail2news_imap.php in
> /html/typo3conf/ext/mail2news/class.tx_mail2news_imap.php on line 263
(...)
> We are running TYPO3 4.2.6 with PHP 5.2. The mail2news script is started
> the following: cron starts a shell script that in turn uses the

Nothing to worry about. These are notices; a low level of "errors"
(errors in a very broad definition).

Apparently your CLI version of PHP has somewhere in php.ini (or other
places where it can be set):
	error_reporting(E_ALL);
or
	error_reporting(-1);

Default for PHP is:
	error_reporting(E_ALL ^ E_NOTICE);
which displays/logs all error except for notices.

The "cause" is the second part of the if-statement:
if (defined('TYPO3_MODE') &&
$TYPO3_CONF_VARS[TYPO3_MODE]['XCLASS']['ext/mail2news/class.tx_mail2news_imap.php'])

This is a very normal way of checking if that element of the array is
defined; in your case it returns FALSE and triggers a notice about the
array index being undefined.

Try to configure your error_reporting to the default and you can sleep
well :-)

Regards,

--
Jigal van Hemert.