[TYPO3-english] [htmlArea RTE] "external links" to my own website are broken

Etienne Reiss etienne.reiss at crdp.ac-grenoble.fr
Tue Jul 7 10:55:24 CEST 2009

Hello group,

My site is located at the adress http://www.mydomain.com/typo3/cms .
If I submit to htmlArea RTE an "external link" like :

http://www.mydomain.fr/anyPath/index.html

then when I record the page typo3 will return an invalid address with

http://www.mydomain.fr/typo3/cms/anyPath/index.html

This happens only when the link is made to my own site. I found those
issues on the bugtracker : http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=2714  and
http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=9743

Did anybody have this bug with release 4.2.6 ? there are patches but I
don't know how to apply them and I don't know if they are valid for typo
4.2.6....

Thanks,
Etienne