[TYPO3-english] so called TYPO3-supporting providers

Ries van Twisk typo3 at rvt.dds.nl
Mon Jul 6 14:48:13 CEST 2009

On Jul 6, 2009, at 3:49 AM, Jigal van Hemert wrote:

> Ries van Twisk wrote:
>> Who is going to pay, how much, where is the money going to, what if a
>> hosting company doesn't comply with certification anymore, what
>> steps to
>> take, how to return or not return any money etc.. etc..
>
> The usual things you have to think about regarding any certification
> model.
>
>> If we look at the start of the thread, it's simply a matter of
>> integrators/developers making something in there contract that will
>> deny
>> all responsibility if the hosting provider of there choice doesn't
>> work
>> as expected, this HAS to be done during/before signing and making a
>> contract and starting with work.
>
> Still, the customer likes to decide who will be the hosting provider.
> How is the customer going to make a decision without a lot of
> technical
> knowledge?
> Furthermore, if the developer has described his legal responsibilities
> in the contract there is still the matter of having a happy customer.
> Also, in case there is a problem the hosting company will immediately
> blame TYPO3 or the developer, the developer has to prove that it was
> not
> a bug in TYPO3 and not his fault, the customer has to go back to the
> hosting company, etc. In the end the developer spends a lot of time on
> problems he can't do anything about, the customer is not happy and it
> hasn't helped the reputation of TYPO3...
>
> Regards,
>
> --
> Jigal van Hemert.

Hey Jigal,

thing is that certification program still doesn't solve the initial
issue
of that a developer can get a client that uses a hosting company
that is not working with specification.

The only thing a developer can say when we have a certification in
place is : "
Well sir, you don't use a TYPO3 certified hosting company, it's not my
fault that XYZ doesn't work".

Then you are still at a situation that the client isn't happy, except
that the developer
can hide behind the fact that the clients hoster doesn't use a TYPO3
certified hoster.

So in the end it really doesn't solve to much.

It's also the developers responsibility to check the clients hoster
and see
if TYPO3 can run in that environment, he should know!!!!

I am just saying that a certification program doesn't solve the
initial problem
in many cases.

Ries

			regards, Ries van Twisk

Ries van Twisk
tags: Freelance TYPO3 Glassfish JasperReports JasperETL Flex Blaze-DS
WebORB PostgreSQL DB-Architect
email: ries at vantwisk.nl
web:   http://www.rvantwisk.nl/
skype: callto://r.vantwisk