[TYPO3-english] so called TYPO3-supporting providers

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Mon Jul 6 10:49:10 CEST 2009

Ries van Twisk wrote:
> Who is going to pay, how much, where is the money going to, what if a
> hosting company doesn't comply with certification anymore, what steps to
> take, how to return or not return any money etc.. etc..

The usual things you have to think about regarding any certification model.

> If we look at the start of the thread, it's simply a matter of
> integrators/developers making something in there contract that will deny
> all responsibility if the hosting provider of there choice doesn't work
> as expected, this HAS to be done during/before signing and making a
> contract and starting with work.

Still, the customer likes to decide who will be the hosting provider.
How is the customer going to make a decision without a lot of technical
knowledge?
Furthermore, if the developer has described his legal responsibilities
in the contract there is still the matter of having a happy customer.
Also, in case there is a problem the hosting company will immediately
blame TYPO3 or the developer, the developer has to prove that it was not
a bug in TYPO3 and not his fault, the customer has to go back to the
hosting company, etc. In the end the developer spends a lot of time on
problems he can't do anything about, the customer is not happy and it
hasn't helped the reputation of TYPO3...

Regards,

--
Jigal van Hemert.