[TYPO3-english] so called TYPO3-supporting providers

Ries van Twisk typo3 at rvt.dds.nl
Mon Jul 6 00:53:29 CEST 2009

Before you start you might want to check with association and re-think
the whole idea...

Who is going to pay, how much, where is the money going to, what if a
hosting company doesn't comply with certification anymore, what steps
to take, how to return or not return any money etc.. etc..

If we look at the start of the thread, it's simply a matter of
integrators/developers making something in there contract that will
deny all responsibility if the hosting provider of there choice
doesn't work as expected, this HAS to be done during/before signing
and making a contract and starting with work.

There is really no need to make a certified hoster program just to
help a developer out that was not smart enough to tell the client his
requirements because it will really not solve the problem for most if
not all developers!!

I don't want to sounds negative, but realize what you are going into
and for what reason...

Ries

On Jul 5, 2009, at 12:48 PM, Peter Proell wrote:

> Dear Bernd, dear Ron, dear all,
>
> We have the "Certified TYPO3 Integrators". Why not having Certified
> TYPO3 Hosters, too? I personally would say this is a great idea. And
> for
> sure hosters will pay for that. This is advertising for them and they
> will benefit from this.
>
> Certification is a full load of work. So a testing-script would be
> excellent, too. What we need:
>
> * a concept
> * someone to set the program up and (more important:) keep it running
> (volunteers)
> * a decision and commitment by the Association in the first
> place :-), I
> can only speak for me right here.
>
> So here we go:
>
> * I will put this issue on the agenda of our next meeting.
> * We would need volunteers for a "Hosting Provider Certification
> Team".
> This will be work guys. And it needs volunteers that stick to it not
> only for a day or so. If you are prepared, please send me a mail to
> participation at typo3.org with the subject: "hoster certification team".
> Please also mention in your mail if you would have technical skills to
> write a testing script.
> * If you are interested on results and what is happening with this
> issue
> please stay tuned at http://buzz.typo3.org/teams/boarding/
> * Meanwhile, continue to post your ideas on which criteria should be
> fulfilled to get certified.
>
> Boarding, please!
> Peter
>
> --
> With best regards on behalf of the
> TYPO3 Association
>
> Peter Proell
> TYPO3 Association Board Member
>
> http://association.typo3.org
>

> Ron Hall schrieb:
>> Hello Bernd,
>>
>> First let me say that your suggestion for a testing script is a good
>> one. SlideShowPro director has such a script for its application
>> and I
>> have found it helpful. It checks for all the required items and
>> also for
>> the "nice to have" items. It would even better that it be a stand
>> alone
>> file not a T3d file as you could test before you had TYPO3 installed.
>>
>> However, I still believe a paid certification is still a good idea. A
>> hosting company would not have to be certified. They can still claim
>> they support TYPO3 just like non-certified developers can offer TYPO3
>> services. I have not yet taken the certification exam, but I am a
>> competent TYPO3 developer and advertise as such.
>>
>> Non-certification does not mean a company is not competent, but
>> simply
>> that, for whatever reason, they have chosen not to be certified. But
>> certification would mean that the company has invested the time and
>> capital to be certified and that those efforts are officially
> [...]

			regards, Ries van Twisk

Ries van Twisk
tags: Freelance TYPO3 Glassfish JasperReports JasperETL Flex Blaze-DS
WebORB PostgreSQL DB-Architect
email: ries at vantwisk.nl
web:   http://www.rvantwisk.nl/
skype: callto://r.vantwisk