[TYPO3-english] so called TYPO3-supporting providers

bernd wilke x00nsji02 at sneakemail.com
Sun Jul 5 17:58:11 CEST 2009

Am Sun, 05 Jul 2009 10:37:13 -0500 schrieb Ron Hall:

> Hi Andi,
>
> Athough I believe the Association should not bother itself with policing
> hosts who simply say they support TYPO3, I also believe your idea of a
> hosting certification has merit. I could see it working like the current
> developer certification. The Association could legitimately charge fees
> since time would needed for verifying and monitoring the certified hosts
> and hosts would gain value by being certified.

I don't think that providers which want to be cheap would pay for a
certificate.
may be we could build up a more complex test than the IM-tests in install-
tool? something similar to the acid-test for browsers:
a basic webpage as t3d-import which includes the most common
functionality (requiring an extension which must be installed before,
working on some images, sending a mail (registering), pdf to img, AI to
img, ... )

Each provider can install this testpage and everyone can see on the
resulting website which functions are available, which not.

bernd