[TYPO3-english] so called TYPO3-supporting providers

David Bruchmann typo3-en at bruchmann-web.de
Sun Jul 5 15:34:10 CEST 2009

----- Ursprüngliche Nachricht -----
Von:        bernd wilke <x00nsji02 at sneakemail.com>
Gesendet:   Sonntag, 5. Juli 2009 15:18:26
An:         typo3-english at lists.netfielders.de
CC:
Betreff:    [TYPO3-english]  so called TYPO3-supporting providers
> hello,
>
> we just had a case of TYPO3-provider, where it was very difficult to run
> TYPO3. But our client insisted on staying with this provider.
>
> A lot of providers advertise with TYPO3-capabilties (e.g. one-click-TYPO3-
> installtion) but you can't use IM, or (in this case) mail can only be
> sent with predefined envelopeaddress, or other problems (in the UG
> someone told about a provider who forbid any extension-installation).
>
> Can the association do something against this misleading advertising?
>
> For me running TYPO3 doesn't mean just running the TYPO3-sources without
> timeout- or memory-errors. Without installing extensions you have a poor
> TYPO3. And IM/GM is also needed to get the flexibility with images. and
> sending mails from the website is needed almost everytime.
>
> Or can we gather information (and ressources like static IM-builds) what
> is neccessary to get TYPO3 running on these servers. (which paket at
> least? which special configuration? how to install/use IM/GM? ...)
>
> bernd

Hi Bernd,

A list wouldn't be bad but it has to consider many optional libraries
i.e. for pdf-, office-, etc. that are possible or required for some
extensions.
Nevertheless the case is easy:
A ship can't be parked in a garage for cars. Your customer has to accept
that you are unable to change requirements. Perhaps he should change to
wordpress or something else.

Best regards
David