[TYPO3-english] Setting up TYPO3 with Maven2

Xavier Perseguers typo3 at perseguers.ch
Fri Jul 3 12:04:47 CEST 2009

Hi Yomo,

> Yomo Guiamo schrieb:
>> create separate, useful, maven2 modules. Normally - with the old PHP3/PHP4
>> TYPO3 versions, it took me about the same time to set it up. Since TYPO3 is
>> moving towards PHP5, buildtools like maven come into the picture which
>> clears the way for an enterprise, professional setup. Are you currently
>> working with maven2 and TYPO3 or are just setting up TYPO3 the standard
>> out-of-the-box way without build and integration tools?
>
> AFAIK I'm not using any build and integration tools.

Neither me. And honestly I'm a bit reluctant to Maven2 for PHP. I
currently don't see the point of adding a layer when compilation is not
made as with Java or C# or...

I always set up my websites with a few scripts and using the official
tarball makes me having my website in a few minutes.

--
Xavier Perseguers
http://xavier.perseguers.ch/en